Monday, January 11, 2016

Nature Museum Date Night

Happy Monday! 

I hope everyone had a restful Christmas and a great start to the new year! Mine was busy to say the least, and unfortunately, also included catching the flu. So there you go, that's my excuse for such a long absence! 

We spent Christmas with Ryan's family this year, and had a really nice and relaxing time with them in Richmond. After that, we headed down to Kingston, for a holiday visit with my family, before taking the train back up north to Quebec City for New Year's Eve. I'll be posting more all about that later this week, but since I've been either away or sick for the past month, I'm a bit back-logged with posts! 

So in any case, today's post is about a date night that Ryan and I went on back in the first week of December. Since I now have evenings free from work, we took the opportunity to swing by the Nature Museum for a little date. 

The museum happens to be less than a 10 minute walk from our apartment, which was great since I recall it was a bit colder that evening. Every Thursday, after 5:00 pm the museum has free admission to all of its usual galleries, so if you happen to be free during that time, I would highly recommend checking out the museum. 

My favorite exhibit is probably the mammal gallery, although I'm also a really big fan of the dinosaur gallery too! It took us just over an hour to tour three galleries (mammal, dinosaur, and water) before we decided to head home for dinner! All in all, a great date night activity! Bonus for being free too! 

1 comment: