Monday, July 13, 2015

I Need Your Help Choosing My Wedding Hairstyle

Lately I've been putting a fair bit of thought into hair. I guess it all started when I realized that I am completely torn between wearing my hair down and wearing my hair up for my wedding this Friday. Wearing my hair down is definitely more in my comfort zone, but the style of my bridal outfit would look really lovely with an updo. Since our ceremony is first thing in the morning, I'll be having to style my hair myself, which ultimately means I'll need to decide on a style that isn't too stressful or difficult to achieve. 
On a daily basis, I usually wear my hair down, which means that I don't have a lot of practice doing updos at all. That being said, I have been putting a bit of practice in lately, and experimenting with low buns and dutch braids. There are so many things to consider, like whether I should do an off-center or a middle part, loose or tight curls, incorporate flowers or no flowers. One thing I absolutely need to keep in mind, is that it is going to be HOT. I've checked the weather forecast and as of right now, it's going to be about 30 degrees, and as usual here in Ottawa, quite humid. 
I will be completely honest and admit that whenever I see women walking around with silky smooth straight hair in the summer, I can't help but feel envious! There are plenty of things I love about my hair, but the way it tends to look after an hour or so in the heat, is not one of them.
In any case, all this adds up to is a bridal hairstyle that has a very big job to do! 
  • If I wear my hair down, it'll be easier and less stressful to achieve, but will it stand up in the heat and humidity?
  • If I wear my hair up, will I be able to make it look just right within the limited amount of time I have to get ready before the ceremony? 

Luckily I still have a few days to experiment and figure out exactly how I would like to have it on the big day! 

I would love any suggestions so please feel free to post your suggestions in the comments section below!

1 comment:

  1. Every day I take the same tact when it comes to my hair. I try and updo first...it will either magically 'work' or it won't. When it doesn't, I just calmly take what I did out, and go for a partial updo. It that doesn't work, I leave it down. Hair definitely has a mind of its own. Your wedding day is not the day to fight with it. Try things once. If it doesn't work, move on to the next style. Don't stress. Don't cry. Your hair will show up to your wedding looking its lovely self. Your whole glow will take over everything. You are and will be gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete