Tuesday, May 26, 2015

What To Wear: BBQ Party Edition

Good morning! For everyone south of the border, I realize this post is a little late now that Memorial Day weekend has come and gone, although I'm hoping it will serve as inspiration for any future celebrations this summer. 


Summer is a great time to both host, and attend BBQ parties. Aside from the easy, breezy, simplicity of throwing on a dress, I thought I would put together a couple outfit suggestions that could serve as alternatives.

Outfit No. 1

The first look consists of a bright, relaxed-fit, sleeveless blouse, paired with denim shorts, a gold statement necklace, and bronze wedge sandals. This ensemble works textures (silk chiffon and denim) effortlessly, while allowing for movement and comfort. Some people are completely opposed to mixing metals, but I think it's perfectly fine as long as it's done right. In this case, the gold necklace and the bronze wedges compliment each other by giving the outfit a more dressed-up vibe, without looking too fancy. 


*Hair and Makeup: tousled waves and a coral lip.

Outfit No. 2
The second look consists of a brightly colored, patterned top, white jeans, a gold statement necklace (my repeat favorite!), and a bright bag. This ensemble plays a bit more with color, while keeping things fresh and cool with a pair of crisp white jeans. If you're looking for a more effortless, easy-going vibe, I would suggest rolling up the cuffs of your jeans to show a little ankle. In terms of footwear, I always suggest wedge sandals for outdoor events since you won't have to worry about getting your heels stuck in the grass.

*Hair and Makeup: side braid and bright fuchsia lips.

1 comment:

  1. Very nice combinations. I can picture them in my head. I like your sundress suggestion too, can't go wrong with that!

    ReplyDelete