Saturday, April 25, 2015

Getting Fit For Spring

To be completely honest, shopping for athletic clothing at the beginning of April can actually be quite a challenge. By now, most places have gotten rid of their winter gear and have started to replace it with a variety of brightly coloured, summer pieces, that as great as they may be, really aren’t realistic until the weather warms up at least another 15 to 20 degrees. For athletic gear, I like to have a good mix of high end and low end gear, because let’s be honest, we’re just going to be sweating in it anyway! 
My current shopping list for spring athletic gear consists of a few pairs of crops, some basic sports bras, a handful of racer-back tanks, and hopefully a new gym bag and water bottle. Once it gets closer to summer I’ll add in a few pairs of shorts (I’m hoping I’ll get a pair  of Lululemon Run: Speed Shorts for my birthday in June), but for now, I’m sticking with crops.
In terms of finding the perfect racer-back tanks, I haven’t had very much luck yet, but I have come up with a few simple DIY ideas that I might try instead. Essentially, what I’m looking for are simple, relaxed fit cotton racer-back tank tops in a few specific colours.
Since it’s still a bit cold to be outside jogging in crops and a tank tops alone, I’ve also looked into a few lightweight jackets to help block the wind. 
I currently own two pairs of running shoes, my Nike Free Run 4.0 V3 in black and white, and a pair of bright blue and neon orange Saucony Excite 6 runners. At first I was resistant to coloured running shoes, but to be honest, they have really grown on me! There are so many fun styles out there! If some of the more expensive brands are a bit out of your budget, you can get the same look from the Champion brand sneakers available at Payless. The Champion Atlas Runners in pink are actually really cute and the Champion Gusto Runnerscome in 25 different colours online!
To complete your spring athletic gear, you absolutely can’t forget about the accessories. I’m currently pining after a new gym bag and water bottle so I can drink my lemon and cucumber water on the go. After all, it’s important to stay hydrated!

No comments:

Post a Comment